Richard Muscio gives his listeners a peek into his life. In a fascinating show, he explaining what he does as CPA. He specializes in risk mitigation for family offices and save families time by utilizing a vast and vibrant network of complementary resource providers. Beyond that, Richard delves into how a battle with blindness transformed him into an avid long distance runner and co-founder of the “Move Your Feet Before You Eat” foundation which hosts the O’side Turkey Trot each year and has raised over $270,000 for non-profits that benefit Oceanside residents. He also talks about how a young 14-year old boy became the scrapbook maker for Bobby Riggs and how he ended up having a front row seat to the Battle of the Sexes tennis match. Because of that experience, Richard became a consultant on two recent films about the event. He has also discussed how these events prompted him to write his best selling book.
2019 San Diego Press Club Award Winner
The show was honored with five awards at the San Diego Press Club Awards on October 29th. Host Richard Muscio swept the Radio/Podcast: Specialty Reporting-Series category with first, second and third place awards for his series of shows focusing on tennis, professional tennis, and rise of professional women’s tennis.
Award Winning Shows
- Scott Pelley, Veteran CBS Newsman, and Dr. Gordon Saxe, UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine
- Julie Heldman, part of the Original 9 and author of “Driven: A Daughter’s Odyssey”
- Gerald Marzorati, Author of Late to the Game
- Beau Treyz, Professional Tennis Player and Creator of “What Do You Get” Podcast
- Michael Franzese, Former Caporegime of the Colombo Mafia Crime Family
- Gene Locklear Celebrity Golf Tournament for the Training Center with Jim Tolbert, Garry Templeton, and Bob Chandler
- Frontwave Credit Union Sponsors the O’side Turkey Trot
- Show Honored at San Diego Press Club Awards
- Dan Biggs and Michael Lazarus from Training Center
- Marco Li Mandri, President of New City America, and Driving Force Behind Little Italy